Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY- Cotton ball & Qtip Holder

 I've been forever searching for perfectly sized holders for my cotton balls and Qtips for my bathroom. I have VERY limited counter space so it's very hard to find something that isn't overly large. When I spotted a picture on Pinterest of a plain mason jar and candle holder, I thought it was perfect. So I decided to add my own little touch to make it mine. 
Here is what you will need: 

Small mason jar, votive candle holder, Acrylic paint 
(good for glass), paint brush

 The paint is from Martha Stewart in the color "Titanium" $2.99
The paint brushes is from Michael's $3.99
You could also use a cheap sponge brush.


Check out one of my previous DIY's where I use the same painting technique on clear vases. 


Here are the finished products. It took 24 hours for the paint to completely dry.



Here they are put together and holding the cotton balls and Qtips


Here is another idea for a cotton ball holder or even a ring or bracelet holder. I used a simple wine goblet and did the same painting technique and embellishments.



Watch my full tutorial on my Youtube channel here:

Make sure you leave a comment if you try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment